Welcome To Our Blog

Welcome to our Website

The Salem Rose Society is a group of rose-growing folks that enjoy touring open gardens in warm-weather months.
Casual visitors are also welcome to join the tour.

Send us an email at salemrosesociety@gmail.com and we will let you know about upcoming events.




August 21, 2015

Redemption

Laveryne was the gracious host of yesterday evening's open garden.  It had been two years since we last visited her garden, so I finally got a chance to redeem myself for the "issues" that I had with my camera when photographing that event.  Also, it was not long after that visit that I started using the photo "stitching"  computer software that came on a CD when I bought the camera.  You'll see the results below.

First let me say that Laveryne is affiliated with the Marion County Master Gardener Association and also the Salem Hardy Plant Society.  Her Master Gardener skills show throughout the garden, and her roses are complemented by an outstanding collection of perennials, shrubs, and trees.

As you see in the two photos below, quite a few rose bushes greet visitors as they approach the front yard.  Laveryne is seen identifying the roses for a group of SRS members and friends. 

Front yard
Maryann, Laveryne, Mike G, Harriet, Brad, Arlene


Hopefully, the next two stitched photos do justice to a spectacular  back yard.